Have you run out of people to hire to clean your pool? Have you run out of time to look for people or to clean the pool yourself? Do you need to have it cleaned by this weekend or as soon as possible but do not have anyone to have it cleaned? Are you tired of having to scoop the debris out of your pool manually? If your answer is yes for all those questions, then having the best pool vacuum cleaner is highly recommended for you.
There are lots of vacuum cleaners available in the market and so finding one won’t be that much of a problem. It’s finding the best ones, that will be a problem for those pool owners out there. Why do you need the best ones? Because you will need something that is durable enough and one that will not require much effort.
And so, here are reviews of the best pool vacuum cleaners of today to help you out in your search and also to give you an idea as to what traits you should look for when buying a pool vacuum cleaner for your resort, or for your personal use at home.
Jump to right section
- 1 10+ Best Pool Vacuum Reviews 2020 (Classic & Latest Model)
- 1.1 1. Zodiac Polaris Pool Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.2 2. Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Pool Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.3 3. Baracuda G3 W0300 Pool Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.4 4. Dolphin Nautilus Pool Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.5 5. XtremepowerUS Automatic Suction Pool Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.6 6. Hayward Poolvergnuegen 2 Wheels Pool Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.7 7. Hayward Poolvergnuegen 4 Wheels Pool Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.8 8. Dolphin Premier Pool Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.9 9. Baracuda Zodiac MX8 Pool Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.10 10. Hayward 500 Aquabug Pool Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.11 11. Intex Auto Pool Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.12 Which Is The Best Pool Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.13 Quick Tips To Choose Best Pool Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.14 Final Consideration
10+ Best Pool Vacuum Reviews 2020 (Classic & Latest Model)
Since you have had a glimpse of the list of the best pool cleaners, we have decided to help you out in your process of choosing the best. Now, this is the list of the best pool vacuum cleaners that are currently available in the market.
Comparison overview of the best pool vacuum cleaners 2020
1. Zodiac Polaris Pool Vacuum Cleaner
This vacuum cleaner is powered by triple jets and a very advanced cleaning technology that allows it to work in all in-ground pools of any size and shapes. It does all the tricks from sweeping, scrubbing, and vacuuming the bottoms, the walls, and even the corners of the pool. It operates using a pool circulation pump and it does not require any pump boosters.
- Powered by triple jets and advanced cleaning technology
- Works in all in-ground pools of any size and shape.Tail Sweep PRO Compatible
- Sweeps, scrubs, and vacuums the bottom and walls of your pool.If they are low or the wheels are not...
- Operates on pool circulation pump. No booster pump required
- Includes 31-feet of feed hose, and single chamber filter bad for capturing large debris. Vacuum...
The package includes a 31-feet of feed hose, and a single-chamber filter which apparently is not so good when it comes to eating large debris but does its best to do so because it has a large opening designed for just eating those large debris and also comes with an oversized filter bag for maximum capacity.
2. Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Pool Vacuum Cleaner
One of the best vacuum cleaners, the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus has a top load filter and a top load filter cartridge which makes it easier to clean. All you have to do is to rinse it and then reload it. It also has a patented swivel cord which provides the freedom to cover the whole pool when cleaning. It only takes 2.5 hours for it to complete the task of sweeping, scrubbing, and wiping clean the whole pool.
- Cleaning made convenient. Set your Dolphin’s weekly scheduler to automatically clean for you-...
- Powerful dual scrubbing brushes forcefully attack tough dirt and debris on the floor and walls....
- CleverClean delivers a smart and efficient clean using advanced algorithms for complete pool...
- Peace of mind. This easy-to-use single button operation in-ground pool cleaner is backed by an...
- Quick payback. 8X more energy efficient than suction and pressure cleaners saving you energy with...
Lastly, it has ultra-fine filters and has dual scrubbing brushes which then removes the stains in your pool effortlessly. To top that entire up, the bristles of the brushes do not come off easily and so having it maneuver over sink covers or other obstacles in your pool won’t be a problem.
3. Baracuda G3 W0300 Pool Vacuum Cleaner
There is power even in silence. Quiet, yet powerful. Those statements describe the BARACUDA G3 W0300. It works with slow-speed pumps which gives it maximum efficiency and it eats any size of debris while scrubbing, sweeping, and cleaning the floor of the entire pool. The FlowKeeper Valve regulates the water-flow to help it maintain its highest cleaning performance even with the lowest horsepower pumps. It also has deflectors to help it in the tight corners of the pool.
- Quiet, powerful suction cleaner; works with low-speed pumps for maximum efficiency.
- Devours small and medium-sized debris and cleans floor, walls and steps of your entire pool.
- FlowKeeper Valve automatically regulates water flow to maintain peak cleaning performance even with...
- Wheel Deflector for movement around tight corners.
- Scuff-resistant Long-Life Hoses eliminate scuffs on all pool surfaces.
See that disk? That disk has 36 fins which increases the adhesion to the pool surface and prevents it from getting stuck on lights, drain covers, fittings, and other things that are in the pool and are not useless debris or trash. Furthermore, it comes with an extra disc just in case you’ll need another one and it saves you from all the time, setting it up since it only takes minimal time to be fully set up.
4. Dolphin Nautilus Pool Vacuum Cleaner
This cleaner is comprised of the smarter cleaning system which uses smart navigation to scan and clean the pool which means you won’t be wasting more time by having your pool cleaner go around the pool even when the dirt is only at certain spots. This also has the patented swivel cord that is known to prevent being tangled or having other hose problems in the pool.
- Plug & Play. Easy to use. Single button control for simple operation backed by a 1 manufacturer’s...
- No random patterns. CleverClean Technology scans your pool and uses advanced algorithms to...
- Dual scrubbing brushes give twice the cleaning power to attack tough dirt. Large bottom-load...
- Hassle free cleaning. Anti-tangling patented swivel cable allows the Nautilus to move around your...
- No hoses or booster pumps required. Dolphin Robotic Pool Cleaners are 8X more energy efficient than...
Since this is the simplest model of the Dolphin vacuum cleaners in this list, this one is very ideal for those not so techie buyers out there who just want a simple device.
5. XtremepowerUS Automatic Suction Pool Vacuum Cleaner
The package includes 10 hoses and this buddy can clean up to 35 feet depth. You must take note though that it requires at least one horsepower pool pump or a 1600 GHP for it to function properly.
- 10 hoses included for up to 30' pool. Ideal for cleaning bottom surface and wall; does not clean...
- Require at least a 1 hp swimming pool pump or 1600 GHP to function properly.
- No tools required and no electricity needed; Attaches to your existing filtration system
- 1 Year Warranty for Parts Replacement (For order purchased from Amazon.com Prime and Ihubdeal ONLY )
- Cleaner should be moving about the pool at a rate of 8 to 12 feet per minute. Note : Refer to PDF...
Furthermore, it directly attaches to your existing filtration system and is good for cleaning the bottom surface of the pool, which means you can say goodbye to those times when you needed to come down the pool and suffer from the long-hours of having to clean every side and space of the pool and then getting back up again from that depth.
6. Hayward Poolvergnuegen 2 Wheels Pool Vacuum Cleaner
A neat two-wheel drive, this 2-wheel pool vacuum cleaner is comprised of a patented self-adjusting turbine which gives it maximum power at any flow and allows the passage of large debris. Its tires are also patented and are designed to enhance its climbing abilities. The patented rollers are also there to help optimize the suction on uneven surfaces which is very ideal for infinity pools.
- 2-wheel drive cleans pools up to 16’ x 32’
- Patented self-adjusting turbine vanes provide maximum power at any ﬂow and allow passage of large...
- Patented tire treads for enhanced climbing and obstacle management
- Patented adjustable roller skirt optimizes suction on uneven surfaces
- Multiple pre-programmed internal steering sequences ensure full pool coverage
And to ensure full pool coverage, it also has pre-programmed multi internal steering sequences. But since it only has two wheels, it does not really strike us as the most ideal pool vacuum cleaner in the list because there is a possibility that it might not be able to come through when it comes to cleaning those tight spaces and corners of your pool. Furthermore, it might find it hard to climb steep walls especially those of the deeper pools.
7. Hayward Poolvergnuegen 4 Wheels Pool Vacuum Cleaner
This cleaner is designed for a much larger pool, a diving pool, lap pool, or infinity pools which do not require any dedicated suction lines and where the skimmer is the only application which are at both ends of the pool. It also has patented tire treads and the 4-wheel feature gives it the power to overcome obstacles with much efficiency than other cleaners.
- Ideal for most average-sized pools and uses existing pump and filter for power. The skimmer is the...
- The 4 Wheel Suction Side Cleaner has a patented 4 wheel drive. What this means to you is that in...
- The 2 Wheel Suction Side Cleaner is professionally designed for a Small to Medium size Pool with a...
- Proudly made in the USA. Pool Size- Up to 20 ft. x 40 ft. or pools with deep ends
- Every Pool Cleaner is made with the highest quality materials to ensure the best pool cleaning...
Now this being the enhanced version of the preceding one is more ideal and we think is more efficient. Since having all four wheels will help the pool vacuum cleaner to gain and maintain its balance in those tight spaces and corner and will also help it climbs and clean those steep walls.
8. Dolphin Premier Pool Vacuum Cleaner
Being the newest model of Dolphin, this cleaner gives up to four types of media in one device. It also includes dual filter cartridges and an oversized bag in the package. On top of those, being the newest design has other perks like being able to reduce the energy use of up to 87% and has the latest technology which allows it to scan more efficiently all around the pool. It also provides limitless 360 degrees rotation and prevents being tangled up because of its swivel cord hose.
- Drop and go. Easy to use, single button plug and play in-ground robotic pool cleaner ideal for pools...
- CleverClean delivers a smart and efficient clean using advanced algorithms for complete pool...
- Powerful, dual scrubbing brushes forcefully attack tough dirt and debris leaving your swimming pool...
- Multiple filter options for an optimal clean pool. The Premier comes standard with three filter...
- Cleaning made convenient. Set the Premier’s weekly scheduler to automatically clean for you- every...
Furthermore, it provides some tough cleaning because of its dual scrubbing brushes. This, being the newest model of Dolphin in this list, might be the most ideal device for those of you out there who prefer to have the lightest and sharpest technologies that are currently available in the market.
9. Baracuda Zodiac MX8 Pool Vacuum Cleaner
Comprised of the latest technologies available for the best pool vacuum cleaners, BARACUDA MX8 just made it to our list of the best pool vacuum cleaners available in the market. The Cyclonic Vacuum technology allows it to capture maximum debris regardless of the size while all at the same time maximizing the cleaning power. It is directly connected to the skimmer.
- Cyclonic Vacuum technology ensures the MX8 captures maximum debris whilst maintaining maximum...
- X-Drive technology provides advanced dual navigation for best pool coverage with no hang ups....
- X-Trax tires provide extreme maneuverability and climbing performance, even in tight corners and on...
- Ultra-efficient power source provides maximum torque while operating at low flow, not burdening the...
- Operates in all in-ground pools. Best choice for solar, 2-speed, and variable-speed pumps.Pool...
The X-Drive technology gives advanced dual navigation for best pool coverage without any hang ups, it thoroughly cleans, scrubs, sweeps and wipes up the whole pool floor. Then there is the X-Trax which helps provide extreme or maximized movement and climbing efficiency even in those tight corners and obstacles. It also has ultra-efficient power source which then provides maximum torque and is compatible with any device.
10. Hayward 500 Aquabug Pool Vacuum Cleaner
This cutie has unique turbine system which provides constant flow that assures silent operation and the gentlest movement across the pool floor. It can be installed in less than 10 mins. and because of its design and functions, it is very ideal for kid’s pools or shallow pools. But nonetheless, this will be attractive especially for kids and those kids at heart.
- Unique turbine/gearing system provides constant balanced water flow assuring quiet operation and...
- Advanced, contoured head design allows the steering pattern to be completed in minimal time
- Installs in less than 10 minutes, without tools;All surfaces - vinyl, concrete, fiberglass, tile...
- Deluxe bumper ring minimizes friction for easy movement away from walls and resumption of the...
- 1 year warranty
11. Intex Auto Pool Vacuum Cleaner
Intex Auto Pool Vacuum Cleaner- Last but not the least, this sharp-looking cleaner which is not suitable for in-ground pools and requires a filter-pump with a flow rate between 1,600-3,500gph and attaches to the inlet connector in the pool with an almost 25” hose, is one of the best pool vacuum cleaners because it can clean, scrub, and perform maintenance tasks on your pool with efficiency and ease.
- Requires a filter pump with a flow rate between 1,600 - 3,500gph
- Attaches to the inlet connector in the pool with a 24'7" hose
- For Intex above ground pools with 1-1/2" hose fittings
- Not suitable for in-ground pools
- Ensure the cleaner is set up properly and all air pockets are removed from the cleaner hose to have...
Plus, you won’t have to worry about getting it out since it is light weight and is easy to assemble and use especially for those of you who are more accustomed with not that high- tech devices.
There are lots of other pool cleaners out there but these pool vacuum cleaners have been our choices by far because of their quality and the features that they offer. You might want to check them yourself and see if one of them suit your taste and your needs. But first, let us decide which one is the best of the best for us.
Which Is The Best Pool Vacuum Cleaner
Upon checking all the features and reviewing all the benefits that they could offer, we have chosen the best among the 10 pool vacuum cleaners above. And we have decided that the best pool vacuum cleaner is in the position number #2 at our top list, the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus.
The Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus is the best pool vacuum cleaner for us because among all those vacuum cleaners, it has the most generic features that one could ever look for when searching to buy an efficient pool vacuum cleaner. It is easy to use because of its top filter, easy to clean because you only need to rinse it and then reload it, it is not that heavy which means that getting it in and out of the pool won’t be that hard, it has ultra- hard bristles which entitles it to battle even the toughest stains on the pool floor, and finally, it has the patented dolphin swivel cord which helps prevent from getting tangled during cleaning.
Compared to the other 9 pool vacuum cleaners, we deemed that this is the best because it not only provides maximum features, but it ensures durability, and the assurance that the time and the money of the buyer or the owner of the product is well-spent judging from all the comforts that it offers. In other words, this device ranked number one for us because it met our expectations when it comes to being the best pool vacuum cleaner.
Quick Tips To Choose Best Pool Vacuum Cleaner
First, you will need to know how to determine the right pool vacuum cleaner. So, having that fixed for you, here are some tips to help you choose the best pool vacuum cleaner. These might be basic and generic but they sure work for majority of us who are very meticulous when it comes to our utility at home or at our businesses. You should be able to get your money’s worth, at least.
When choosing any gadgets for your home or for everyday use, you have to be very meticulous and choose those that are worth your money. Something that will last. And so, you will need to make sure that it is durable, meaning the material used and the quality of the engine is for long-term use and you will be able to determine that by checking the brand or the maker of the product by reading reviews about the company or about the product.
Durability doesn’t always mean heavy. Especially when it comes to finding the best pool vacuum cleaner in the market. You will need something that is light enough for you or for your people to carry in and out of the pool because if it is too heavy, you will be having a hard time and that means that the efficiency of the pool vacuum in making your life easier will be less.
Other than that, the weight of the pool vacuum cleaner must also be considered because it serves as a harness for it when it cleans the pool. It maintains the balance when the vacuum cleaner cleans the walls of the pool.
Now here’s one factor you will need to consider seriously. Thing is, you won’t need a vacuum cleaner who consumes too much energy especially when you are using it for commercial purposes meaning you are using it for your resort or any other business because that will only cost too much. This is why you will need to keep in mind that the bigger the pool vacuum cleaner is, the more energy it consumes.
Furthermore, it is stated in most details of the product or the product specs if the pool vacuum cleaner is only capable of a certain horse power and from that information, with just minimal research you will be able to instantly determine if it suits your pool or if the energy it consumes or requires is feasible.
4 Wheel Drive Wheels
One of the reasons why you will need to buy the best pool vacuum cleaner is because you need it to help you clean the pool with minimal effort or because you don’t have time to do it manually. This means that you need it to go around cleaning the pool independently.
Which subsequently means that it needs to have 4 wheels who are capable of doing just that. And, it also maintains balance for the pool vacuum cleaner especially in the tight spaces and when cleaning the walls of the pool.
We are not talking about climbing like what Spider Man does, but the best pool vacuum cleaner needs to have the ability to climb because it is in charge of cleaning the whole pool above and under. This also is one of the best features that you need to ensure that the vacuum cleaner you have chosen possesses. Because without this feature, or if your vacuum cleaner fails to perform this feature well, you might end up cleaning and wiping those walls yourself.
Like washing machines, you will need to have a pool vacuum cleaner that will both do the job of cleaning your pool well, and also doing it as quickly as possible. Pool vacuums have different cleaning cycles and so all you need to do is find one that will suit the level of cleaning that your pool needs.
And when I say the level of cleaning, I mean that you should be able to determine how long it should take to get the whole pool cleaned depending of course on the amount of debris in the pool and the amount of stains that need to be wiped out.
Features and Sensors
One thing that you need to avoid when buying the best pool vacuum cleaner is one that will often get stuck at corners or other obstacles in your pool. Some of the best pool vacuum cleaners have those deflecting features or sensors that will help you avoid those unfortunate circumstances, where you or your personnel might need to get down that pool and fix the problem. Imagine just sitting by your pool with that drink in your hand and not worrying about cleaning the pool at all because it has all been sorted.
Cleaning the pool is a very tough job and that is why you needed to buy that pool vacuum cleaner. Knowing this, you have to make sure that the vacuum cleaner can remove all those debris and obstacles around the pool. And for you to make sure that it is capable of doing that, you might need to check the quality of the brushes and hard-bristle brushes will be your best mates when it comes to doing that job efficiently.
Another thing about brushes is that you also have to see to it that the brushes don’t fall off easily because instead of actually cleaning the pool, the vacuum cleaner might just add its brushes to the debris that are already in the pool.
The cord is very important. But you need to make sure that the best pool vacuum cleaner has a swivel cord instead of just the ordinary ones in the market. The swivel cord can help avoid tangles and give the pool vacuum cleaner freedom to move around the pool and clean all the corners and spaces that it needs to clean.
Of course, there are different types of cords and some have provided different types of cords in their package, but it would be best if you go with the ones that will give you less hassle and stress.
Last but not the least of the things you will need to consider when buying the best pool vacuum cleaner is its timer. The best pool vacuum cleaner has to have a programmable timer so that you can just set the timer and leave it be until it stops cleaning the pool up.
But of course, you might also want to set an alarm if you are inside the house and are busy doing other chores so that you will be able to take the pool vacuum cleaner out of the pool ones it is done cleaning or else you might just forget about the cleaner because of its efficiency to do your job very well.
As we have said earlier, there are lots of pool vacuum cleaners in the market that offers almost the same features as each other. And other brands even offer additional perks to their packages. But the point is, what do you need? What do you want? Would you go for design? Over-all efficiency? Price? Or just the fame of the vacuum cleaner that you are buying?
Well, those questions will all remain unanswered unless you provide the answers for them. The thing with pool vacuum cleaners is that, they help us minimize the work and the time that is allotted when cleaning the pool. However, they also need to be maintained and taken cared of or else, just like any other thing in this world, they will deteriorate and instead of helping us, they might only give us more stress so it is important to assess what you need, and the kind of technology that you and your pool can actually handle.
Choosing the best pool vacuum cleaner is very important since you will not only be using it for one day and only for the sake of using it. You are using it to ensure that the pool is clean and that you will be safe from all the pressure and the effort of cleaning the pool yourself and the vacuum you choose must be able to live up to those expectations rather than give you the opposite effect.
Again, not all pool cleaner brands who say that they are the best actually offer the best. And so, you will need to rely on the data that you have gathered while reading our review and your own preference and opinion on this matter.
For us, buyers, it might be wiser if we take a step back from those famous, new toys and gadgets and actually consider if they are useful and useable when the time comes for us to use them. There will always be room for improvement and new innovations but always remember that nothing will beat the classics and everything started from the basics.