Looking for the best pool cleaners? Pools are a great way to refresh yourself, have fun with your kids, family, and friends, and enjoy romantic moments with your partner. Drinking cocktails is irresistible, but one, not so fun part of having your pool is the cleaning part.
Luckily, technology is here to make our life easier, and robotic pool cleaners will help you ensure your pool is clean at all times. Whether your swimming pool is in-ground or above-ground, we researched and compiled the 10 best robotic pool cleaners for 2022. Read on and check the reviews, best prices, and Robotic Pool Cleaner Guide.
How to choose the best robotic pool cleaner for your pool? Choosing the product that suits you best and satisfies all of your requirements is a time-consuming and a bit confusing process. We value our customer’s satisfaction, so below, you can read how to choose the perfect robotic pool cleaner and also, you and check the summarized list of robotic pool cleaners.
- Pool type: first and probably most important question: do you own an in-ground or above-ground swimming pool? The choice of a robotic pool cleaner directly depends on the type of your pool.
- Pool size: what are the dimensions of your pool? How deep is it? Pay closer attention to this feature because some cleaners work better for small-sized pools, others for standard pools, and some for large pools.
- Budget: all robotic pool cleaners are costly, and you can choose either a mid-priced or high-end model based on the amount you are willing to spend. While the more expensive models have extra features, it doesn’t mean that a cheaper option is less efficient.
- Pool surface: the most common pool surfaces are: vinyl, concrete, fiberglass, and tiles. Different robotic cleaners are ideal for different pool configurations and topologies, so choose the model that meets your needs.
- Filtration rate: the filtration rate is the speed of the pool cleaner and the total amount it can filter per hour. Always consider buying a cleaner that can filter at least 4000 gallons per hour.
- Filter bags: robotic pool cleaners with large filtration bags can collect more dirt from your pool, and larger capacity means no need to empty the container too often. Also, it means a lower cost of buying disposable bags.
- 10 Best robotic pool cleaners for 2022
- Dolphin Premier Robotic Pool Cleaner
- Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Robotic Pool [Vacuum] Cleaner
- DOLPHIN Quantum Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner
- Pentair GW7900 Automatic Pool Cleaner
- Polaris F9550 Sport Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner
- Solar Breeze NX Automatic Pool Skimmer – Smart Robotic pool cleaner
- DOLPHIN Escape Robotic Pool Cleaner
- Polaris Vac-Sweep 360 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
- AIPER SMART Cordless Robotic Pool Cleaner
- SMONET Cordless Robotic Pool Cleaner
- Final words
10 Best robotic pool cleaners for 2022
Dolphin Premier Robotic Pool Cleaner
- Easy to use, single button plug
- Ideal for in-ground pools up to 50 feet deep
- Energy and cost-efficient
- Lightweight hence can be relocated easily
- Multiple filter options
- Suitable to use in fiberglass and Vinyl pool surfaces
- 3 Year No-nonsense Warranty
- It doesn’t clean the steps
- The bag system is inefficient; the bag is too small.
For an exceptionally clean pool, try the Dolphin Premier Robotic Pool Cleaner. The Nautilus is a feature-rich Cleaner that you can carry around easily from one place to another. It’s designed to work best for above ground pools which are up to 50 feet long.
The Dolphin Premier Robotic Pool Cleaner is one of the best choices available on the market, as it is the best product for an immaculate pool.
This robotic cleaner is equipped with a SmartNav™ Robotic Scanning system that provides highly optimized scanning covering the entire pool area. Along with one of the best features of this premium, the pool cleaner is the HyperGrip™ Rubber Tracks; you will get a product that provides fantastic climbing and maneuver agility while cleaning the entire pool.
Thanks to the innovative scanning technology, this cleaner offers full pool coverage. It is essential to mention that this integration is particularly efficient in scrubbing the walls, coves, and the floor, leaving no traces of dirt. Additionally, the Multi-media™ feature makes this cleaner super convenient as it offers excellent results. Namely, this cleaner comes with 4 unique types of filter media and is incredibly efficient in collecting everything from ultrafine particles to larger items like leaves.
The Maytronics made this robotic pool cleaner super powerful and cost-efficient. The two Ultra Efficient DC Motors use up to 87% less energy, and regarding the operating costs, using this cleaner will cost you 5 cents per hour.
If you are worried about the deepest corners, the 60-foot long cable swivel with a patented Anti-Tangle will make sure to cleanse the entire pool.
This cleaner is designed to work best for above-ground pools up to 50 feet long. This feature-rich robotic cleaner is exceptionally light, so carrying it around won’t be a problem. In addition to that, it is plug and plays unit without the need for pre-installation or any special connections to your pool’s system.
The Dolphin Premier Robotic Pool Cleaner is self-programmed, and it can run for up to 3 hours continuously. Once the cycle is over, the cleaner automatically powers off without any human intervention. All you have to do is clean the container, and it is ready for another cleaning cycle.
Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Robotic Pool [Vacuum] Cleaner
- Ideal for in-ground swimming pools up to 50 feet
- Suction Rate: 4500 gallons of water per hour
- Cleaning Cycle Time: 2 hours
- Dual scrubbing brushes
- Superior filtering capabilities
- Tangle-free cable for effortless cleaning
- Easy for transport: weights 19 pounds
- It can be used with fiberglass or Vinyl pool surfaces
- An advanced navigation system and scanning software
- It breaks down after a short period of use
- The rubber tracks come off the line too often
The Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus is the best model if you are looking for a machine that scrubs and vacuums the entire swimming pool and collects everything, including leaves and larger debris, as well as the finest sediment and dirt.
This robotic cleaner has an advanced navigation system and scanning software, ensuring that the entire pool is cleaned, including the walls and the floor. In only 3 hours, this cleaner will ensure that each corner of the pool is spotlessly clean.
Maytronics – Pool solved the problem with the tangling of cables by integrating a smartly designed swivel cable that allows this cleaner to pivot around at any point. As the cleaner makes any turn, the cable turns and thus prevents any hang-ups. The 60 feet long cable guarantees full pool coverage without any interruptions.
Another great feature of Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus is its filtration line. Namely, the pool’s water is cycled via two independent filtration systems: the original from your pool and the cleaners system, which ensures a continuously improved quality of your water in the pool.
In order to capture small debris and dirt more efficiently, this cleaner uses fine porosity filter bags. Once the bag is full, you need to remove it and empty it. It is essential to mention that when the filter bag is full, it reduces the effectiveness of the robotic cleaner. However, the integrated LED indicators will alert you when the bag is full and needs emptying.
Regarding costs, the Nautilus CC Plus cleaner will get the job done for less than 15 cents.
DOLPHIN Quantum Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner
- Includes oversized 400 square inches debris cartridge
- Can continuously clean for up to a 2-hour cycle
- Capable of filtering 80 to 85 gallons of water per minute
- Runs automatically whenever you need it – daily, 2x per week, or 3x per week
- Efficiently cleans any type of pool: vinyl, fiberglass, or gunite
- Cleans the floor, walls, and waterline
- Has difficulty cleaning stairs and cannot climb vertical walls
- An issue with stopping/ stalling randomly
The DOLPHIN Quantum Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner is the most powerful commercial pool cleaner for in-ground and above-ground pools. In less than 2 hours, this cleaner will clean your poll; regardless of the surface and configuration of your pool, it offers the same results. If you are looking for a cleaner for an in-ground pool up to 50 Ft, this product is one of the best choices.
This cleaner comes with a filtration system that effortlessly removes debris, sand particles, and dirt. It is amazing how this system disperses chemicals and heat throughout your swimming pool to eliminate bacteria and algae. In this way, it reduces the total amount of time your first pool’s filtration system has to run.
It is also worth mentioning that Quantum allows you to choose the right filter and change it in a few seconds. For example, if you need a maximum suction, choose the standard filter, the NanoFilter for fine algae down to 2 microns, or an oversized filter cartridge for super-fast cleanup. Clean everything from a bushel of leaves to debris and algae.
The 3D Jet technology offers multiple streams of fast-moving water and the ability to move in any direction at any time, which will ensure unmatched maneuverability.
The Super Rover is fully automatic and features a superior Linear Jet motor that offers super-fast cleaning and high suctioning capability. This 48 volt Dc motor sucks all the large debris, and the best part is it is inexpensive: it costs a few pennies a day to operate.
This machine comes with a 60 feet tangle-free swivel cord. The cable follows your cleaner’s movement and thus prevents any tangling underwater.
Pentair GW7900 Automatic Pool Cleaner
- Simple to use: plug and play unit
- SmartTrac assures complete cleaning coverage
- Two-way cleaning action: scrubs and dislodges the debris
- The full cartridge indicator alerts you when the bags need cleaning
- Suitable for inground swimming pool
- The wide-body design cuts 12-inch cleaning path
- Includes a 60-foot long cord
- Inexpensive to operate: costs you less than 20 cents per day
- Gets stuck at the bottom and in the corners
- Does not clean the walls
There is no better way to cut down your pool’s maintenance expenses than with the Pentair GW7900 robotic pool cleaner. Even though this model doesn’t include a remote control like the Pentair GW7900 new versions, it’s not a deal-breaker. This unit is an excellent cleaner, one of the best in-ground robotic cleaners, and is worth considering when buying a robotic cleaner.
This newly re-engineered cleaner offers eco-friendly and superior cleaning power and will keep your pool sparkling all the time. In less than 2 hours, this machine will scrub, vacuum, and filter your entire pool. It integrates an auto-reverse feature that helps prevent this cleaner from getting around corners, steps, and ladders.
The best part about this cleaner is the fact that this cleaner assures complete cleaning coverage: everything from the pool floor, to the waterline, around corners, swim-outs, and steps. In addition to this, this machine cleans the pool in two steps: first, the robotic cleaner scrubs the floor and the pool’s walls by dislodging the stubborn dirt particles, and then vacuum the debris by throwing it out in the pool’s filtration system.
Since it comes with its filtration system, the run time of your core filtration system will be significantly reduced, which saves the pump’s energy and also extends its lifetime.
This model has the option to be computer-controlled, so you can program it according to your needs. All you have to do is remove and empty the filter bags for an optimal cleaning process. And in case you forgot to clean the bags, the LED indicator will alert you when it needs cleaning. Additionally, it measures about 45 pounds and comes with a transport caddy for easy storage and handling.
Polaris F9550 Sport Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner
- ActivMotion Sensor Technology – unmatchable navigation
- Remote control
- Vortex Vacuum Technology for maximum suction
- 70 feet long power cable with a swivel
- Extra-large filter bags
- Fully automatic
- Stops working after two seasons of use
- Filter basket rips at seams
Is the Polaris F9550 Sport Robotic Pool Cleaner the best product for you? Well, if you are looking for a robotic cleaner that has a motion-sensing handheld remote, dirty canister indicator, and Easy Lift System, this cleaner is the product you need.
This innovative, compact device comes with a 70′ Cable suitable for a 60′ in-ground pool, and you can use it to clean concrete, vinyl, or fiberglass pools. The 4 Wheel Drive Technology of this top-of-the-line 9550 Sport allows you to use this robotic cleaner for any pool terrain. In addition to that, this model climbs steps and walls and scrubs tile line with a solid-blade scrubbing brush. This robotic cleaner has a super-smart 7-day programmable timer and offers several cleaning modes: floor, floor/wall, waterline only, and custom, so you can customize it according to your needs.
With the ActivMotion Sensor® technology, you can automatically control the position of your robotic cleaner, so you can be sure that your pool will be completely cleaned without any hang-ups. Thanks to the Dirty Canister Indicator, this machine will alert you when it is time to empty the filter canister. However, there is no need to empty the bags after each cycle because this model has extra-large filter bags that will collect all of the dirt from your pool.
Solar Breeze NX Automatic Pool Skimmer – Smart Robotic pool cleaner
- A smart robot, powered by the sun
- No need for hand skimming to remove leaves and debris
- Mesh filter collects and retains particles down to 200 microns in size
- No cords or hoses attached
- Can’t be used for cleaning pool floor and walls/ ideal for pool surface
- Stops working 3-5 months/ front paddle issues
One of the unique aspects of this robotic pool cleaner is that it doesn’t depend on grid energy. So, how does this model operate? While most pool cleaners available on the market require a power source to plug into, and cords or hoses work primarily when the pump is running, this model uses solar energy to work. As its name suggests, the Solar Breeze NX Automatic uses solar energy, a natural and free energy source. This robotic cleaner can continuously clean your pool’s surface all day long by using sun power.
Namely, this cleaner removes the dirt material from the pool surface before contaminating the entire pool. This feature offers few great benefits: no need for hand skimming significantly lowers bacteria growth and the pool pump usage.
It is impressive how the pool’s skimmer removes leaves, dust, including oils and pollen, and other debris before they can sink to the bottom.
The Solar Breeze NX will save you money and time by operating on the surface of your pool. And as this cleaner collects the dirt, it can also distribute sanitizer from its built-in dispenser in your pool, thus offering you a clean and hygienic swim-ready pool.
However, if you are looking for a model that will provide complete pool cleaning, you should opt for another product.
DOLPHIN Escape Robotic Pool Cleaner
- Designed for above-ground pools
- Cycle Time: 1.5 hours
- It has a swivel cord that prevents tangling under the water
- It runs on 24 volts; hence it is energy efficient
- Can maneuver obstacles in the pool without difficulty
- Lightweight (14lbs) Ergonomic Design
- It doesn’t last long enough as one would expect from its high price tag
- Doesn’t clean the pool floor thoroughly
The DOLPHIN Escape Robotic Pool Cleaner is a robotic pool cleaner designed to clean any standard swimming pool in a period of 2-3 hours. This model is incredibly efficient and can collect dirt and debris as small as 2 microns, leaving your pool spotlessly clean.
The DOLPHIN Escape Robotic Pool Cleaner detects dirt and dust and then determines the most effective and cost-efficient cleaning path thanks to its smart cleaning pattern technology. In addition to that, the HyperBrush™ Scrubbing will dislodge stuck-on debris by spinning two times faster than the ordinary pool brushes. And if you are worried whether some surface may be left behind, the Rubber Tracks will ensure that everything is spotlessly clean.
This model comes with a 40-foot cable to ensure that all areas of your pool are clean. All you need to do is to place it in your pool and relax.
The SmartNav™ Robotic Scanning is another feature worth mentioning. Namely, this robotic cleaner maps the pool and then starts the cleaning process. Besides the fact that every inch is super clean, this technique ensures no waste of time by overlapping the cleaning paths.
Probably the best feature of this robotic cleaner is that it works without the need for supervision. Once you place the cleaner in the pool, it will start the cleaning process: it will clean the ladders and steps without getting stuck. And thanks to the dual 24-volt DC motors, this robotic cleaner uses only 180 watts or almost 90% less than traditional cleaners. This makes DOLPHIN Escape the best choice if you are looking for a model that ensures continued operation without interruptions and is cost-efficient.
Polaris Vac-Sweep 360 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
- Suitable for an in-ground pool of any size or shape
- Vacuums sweeps and scrubs the bottom and walls effortlessly in 3 hours or less
- The NeverStuck feature helps it to maneuver around an obstacle
- 5-Year warranty
- Often gets stuck on the stairs
- It doesn’t remove fine debris
The Polaris 360 is an innovative pressure side cleaner that has 3 Venturi Jets which provide amazingly great vacuum power. This robotic cleaner provides fast cleaning – it cleans the entire pool in 3 hours or less.
How does this Pressure Side Pool Cleaner work? The Polaris 360 connects to a dedicated pressure line and effortlessly sweeps, scrubs, and vacuums all surfaces of the pool. This model is suitable for any shape of in-ground pools. Regardless if the in-ground pool has L-shape, round, rectangle, kidney, or is lap-shaped, this robotic cleaner will clean it effortlessly.
The best part about this cleaner is that there is no need for a separate boots pump. Namely, the pressure of clean water powers the Polaris 360 so that the filter and the skimmer can remove the contaminants without any interruption.
If the machine gets cornered, the In-line backup valve automatically frees it, so the cleaner will continue working without the need of babysitting it.
This robotic cleaner is potent and removes anything from large debris such as leaves, acorns, pebbles, as well as other small to large objects in your pool.
If you own a dark bottom pool, you can opt for the Black Max Model to complement the color of your pool.
AIPER SMART Cordless Robotic Pool Cleaner
- Perfect for in-ground pools regardless of the shape and surface
- Includes 60 feet long cable and a six-button remote control
- Lightweight; Wide coverage; High flexibility; Dual drive motors;
- Wall-climbing function
- 4-wheel drive system with programmable cleaning cycle design
- Ideal for above and in-ground pools of any shape for up to 1614 sq.ft.
- Large filter bucket that is super easy to clean
- Often gets stuck on drain and stairs
- Runs 30-40 minutes max
The AIPER SMART Cordless Robotic Pool Cleaner is a top-line cleaner that will make your life easier: all you need to do is put it underwater and let it do the dirty work for you. The latest technology of wall-climbing function will cleanse the entire pool effortlessly, and the route plan technology will assure that this cleaner will cover the entire pool area.
The best part about this robotic cleaner is its 8600mAh battery that provides up to 90 minutes of uninterrupted cleaning. When it comes to cable twisting, there isn’t any risk.
This cleaner has an integrated anti-rollover technology that prevents the cleaner from falling and turning upside down.
How does the AIPER SMART Cordless Robotic Pool Cleaner work? First, the robotic cleaner scans the pool area, scrubs the walls, and cleanses the pool floor. The dynamic dual scrubbing brushes and the powerful triple-motors will cleanse the dirt and debris from the pool’s floor surfaces.
SMONET Cordless Robotic Pool Cleaner
- Strong suction: can clean a 20k gallon pool in less than 60 min
- Easy to use: 100 % Cordless – no cord entanglement, no cord damage
- Super lightweights only 6.3lb
- Easy to remove, clean, dry, and recharge
- Problems with charging/ Battery has a short charge
- Doesn’t climb walls and doesn’t clean the step
- Can’t collect ultra-fine dust
If you are looking for a powerful robotic cleaner that is easy to use and super light – the SMONET Cordless Robotic Pool Cleaner is the product you need. This cleaner is super easy to use: there is no need for a hose connection, no pump, and it works alone. Isn’t that great? It is equipped with two suction doors, in combination with four brushes and a superior filter.
This robotic cleaner offers incredibly strong suction and effortlessly collects debris like leaves, buds, dirt, twigs, and sands. It is suitable for both above and in-ground flat pools up to 430 Sq Ft, and the maximum pool depth is 10 ft.
The SMONET pool cleaner is safe for all pool types: concrete, fiberglass, and vinyl liner pools, as well as for all pool shapes: circular, rectangular, Free Form, etc.
A feature that is worth mentioning about this cleaner is its quiet working, which means you can clean your pool without disturbing your neighbors or everyone around.
The SMONET Cordless Cleaner has a waterproof lithium built-in battery with a 4000mAh battery capacity, or in other words, it provides up to 1 hour of working time. When it comes to full charging, it takes 4-5 hours. Once the battery is drained out, the robotic cleaner will stop alongside the pool shore.
This robotic cleaner is easy to open and easy to take out the filter. The best part is that the filter is easy to clean – all you need to do is rinse it off, and it is ready for another cycle.
Don’t waste your time searching all over the internet and read reviews about various robotic cleaners. We have created a list of the 10 best robotic cleaners for you.
All of the models mentioned above are carefully reviewed to offer you a product that best suits your needs. Cost and energy efficiency are two important aspects that were crucial for selecting the best models of robotic cleaners. The best picks are deeply analyzed, and we documented basically anything you would want to know before buying a robotic automatic pool cleaner.
Choose the model that meets your expectations and enjoy your time in a spotlessly clean pool.