In most modern homesteads, you will not lack a swimming pool. The fun bit of it is that you can always have a swim at the comfort of your home at your convenience. You can even organize parties around your swimming pool during holidays and leisure times and enjoy with your family and friends. Now after all the fun and games, comes the most daunting experience, cleaning it. However the big question arises, how do you maintain your pool? Do you use any best suction pool cleaner that available in the market?
Here you can compare the 10 best suction pool cleaner at a glance.
|Compare Pool Cleaner Model||Category||Weight||Hose||Price
|Hayward 896584000013||in-ground||16.1 lbs||****|
|Hayward 925ADV||in-ground||20 lbs||****|
|Pentair K50600||in-ground||14.1 lbs||32 feet|
|Generic Zodiac Baracuda||All Round||25 lbs||32 feet|
|BARACUDA G3 W03000||in-ground||19 lbs||****|
|Zodiac MX8||in-ground||1 lbs||39 feet|
|Zodiac Ranger||in-ground||15 lbs||32 feet|
|ARKSEN© Automatic||All Round||17 lbs||****|
|Voyager Advanced||in-ground||12 lbs||24 feet|
|Hayward 1005CC||in-ground||1 lbs||****|
If you are still cleaning it manually, you couldn’t agree better that it’s a tedious process. It gets even worse when you have to keep incurring expenses of buying cleaning chemicals. Whether you get a professional to clean it, or you do it yourself, the process will still cause you a headache.
With the increase in technology, more efficient and better methods of cleaning pools have been invented. The suction side pool cleaners are an example of such tools. These cleaners make the entire cleaning process effortless and fun. Since there is a wide array of suction side cleaners in the market, it is important to choose the best.
So, how do you choose the best suction side pool cleaner? Well, the first thing you should know about these type of pool cleaners is that they attach to one side of your existing suction ports or filtration systems. Hence, they are easy to install. The idea behind how a suction side cleaner works is that; once the hose is attached and the filter pump is powered, it creates a suction on its underside. The cleaner then navigates around your pool while collecting debris and particles.
The best suction pool cleaner will trap all the dirt around your pool and leave it sparkling clean. It should also be cost-efficient and capable of cleaning your pool’s floor, walls and steps without getting stuck. Selecting an item that is affordable yet with a comprehensive set of features is also imperative. However, there is no right or bad model. The best suction pool cleaner is one that leaves your clean spotless.
How we compiled a list of the 10 best suction pool cleaners
Here, we go by a simple rule that; a clean pool is a welcoming pool. Therefore, we took our time to compile the ten best suction pool cleaner from a list of 150+ cleaners. The process was the quite engaging but also exciting. Five members of our team visited several homesteads and interviewed pool owners on their current pool cleaners. We also browsed through several online shopping stores and read the user’s reviews on various suction pool cleaner. And using that information, we were able to narrow down the list of 10 best suction pool cleaner.
Our reviews are genuine, well researched and tested. And for each product, we have pinpointed both its advantages and disadvantages to provide you with the most reliable information.
Jump to right section
- 1 10 Best Suction Pool Cleaners 2020
- 1.1 1. Hayward Poolvergnuegen 896584000013 PoolCleaner
- 1.2 2. Hayward 925ADV Navigator Pro Automatic Suction Pool Cleaner
- 1.3 3. Pentair K50600 Kreepy Krauly E-Z Vac Suction-Side Above Ground Pool Cleaner
- 1.4 4. Generic Zodiac Baracuda Automatic Suction Pool Cleaner In/above Ground
- 1.5 5. BARACUDA G3 W03000 Advanced Suction Side Automatic Pool Cleaner
- 1.6 6. Zodiac MX8 Suction-Side Cleaner
- 1.7 7. Zodiac Ranger Suction Side Automatic Above-Ground Pool Cleaner
- 1.8 8. ARKSEN© Automatic Inground Above Ground Suction Side Pool Cleaner
- 1.9 9. Voyager Advanced Automatic In Ground Suction Side Pool Cleaner
- 1.10 10. Hayward 1005CC Pool VAC Classic Concrete In-Ground Suction Cleaner
- 1.11 How affordable and worthy are the above listed best suction pool cleaner
- 1.12 Which suction pool cleaner will be the best choice for your Swimming Pool?
- 1.13 Final Verdicts
10 Best Suction Pool Cleaners 2020
1. Hayward Poolvergnuegen 896584000013 PoolCleaner
If you own a medium sized swimming pool, you will need the Hayward Poolvergnuegen 896584000013 to keep it sparkling clean. This unit is easy to install. Just plug it into your skimmer or suction port. One aspect that you are likely to appreciate about the 2 wheel suction cleaner is the patented self-adjusting turbine feature. It will maximize the power from your pools water flow to ensure steady motion of the cleaner at low pressure and low suction.
As long as you are using the Poolvergnuegen 896584000013 cleaner, you will never spot dirt in your pool. Its turbines folding vanes allow for easy passage of debris, dirt, leaves and other particles. Featuring an internal programmed- steering system, controlling this unit will be a breeze. It comes in handy for reversing and turning the pool cleaner in different directions to cover both of your pool’s shallow and deep ends.
The Poolvergnuegen 896584000013 doesn’t even get stuck while cleaning corners or by the main drain. Meaning that, you will not be forced to get in contact with your pools water, unless while enjoying yourself. Even better, it is ideal for all surface configurations. So, regardless of the shape of your pool or surface rough, it will still do a great job.
It will only take you less than a second to notice its robust tire threads. These are ideal for maneuvering obstacles and climbing surfaces. And in case your machine encounters an obstacle, it will still be able to maintain optimal suction thanks to the patented adjustable skirts. The idea behind this is that these skirts lift your cleaner up to avoid any obstacle along its way.
- Connects to your pools suction port or skimmer
- Cleans both shallow and deep end pools efficiently
- Capable of maneuvering around obstacles
- Cleans all types of pools surfaces
- Not very efficient in wall climbing
- 2-wheel drive cleans pools up to 16’ x 32’
- Patented self-adjusting turbine vanes provide maximum power at any ﬂow and allow passage of large...
- Patented tire treads for enhanced climbing and obstacle management
Here is a cleaner whose name has spread like wildfire among its users, the Hayward 925ADV Navigator. It is a machine that has set for itself a high-performance standard in the category of in-ground pool cleaners. Whether your pool is rectangular or circular, this machine shouldn’t have a navigating issue. It will clean your pool in just 4 hours or less. And you will not help but grin from ear to mouth as your look at your clean pool.
The Hayward 925ADV installs without any hassle. Get started in just 10 minutes. It features a smart drive programmed steering system for efficient and fast cleaning. Besides, this technology comes in handy to harness your pools water flow through the filtration system. In turn, the 925ADV Navigator can move in alternating turns; from right to left and vice versa.
This ensures that it uses the most energy and time efficient path for optimal coverage. Furthermore, it runs quietly and smoothly. This beautiful baby is sure an ideal choice in automatic suction cleaners for smart swimming pool professionals.
Engineered for performance, don’t expect anything less than better-looking pool floor, cloves and walls. Although it’s effective in its job, it sometimes may encounter a challenge climbing walls depending on the pool’s shape. Even though, its skirt and vacuum wings work at their best to efficiently pick up all the debris from your pool. With all these features working together, you are guaranteed of a clean pool every time. In fact, you will get delighted by looking at your reflection through crystal clear water, all thanks to the Hayward 925ADV.
- Easy and fast installation
- Smooth and silent operation
- Boasts of 30+ years of reliability and performance
- Effectively sucks pollen, leaves, sand and twigs owing this to its advances vacuum wings
- Wall cleaning can sometimes be ineffective since the pools shape can be a limiting factor.
- Unique turbine-drive system for smooth, silent operation, Powered by existing filtration system,...
- Exclusive SmartDrive preprogrammed steering pattern offering the best in intelligent, complete pool...
- Guides the hose as programmed steering maneuvers the cleaner around the pool, eliminating hose...
3. Pentair K50600 Kreepy Krauly E-Z Vac Suction-Side Above Ground Pool Cleaner
Who would have ever though that cleaning a swimming pool would be fun and effortless? Well, technology surprises us every day. And the Pentair, a leader in technology, have introduced a pool cleaner that is pretty impressive and quite irresistible, the Pentair K50600 Kreepy Krauly. Being the world’s best designed above ground cleaner, expect nothing less than an outstanding performance from this unit.
The K50600 Kreepy Krauly E-Z Vac deserves all bragging rights for being the only machine to feature a patented bumper strap. This protects the cleaner and prevents it from knocking against steps and walls. One common problem associated with diaphragm designed suction cleaners is frequent clogging. Thus, the Krauly E-Z integrates a patented flapper mechanism to help overcome that issue.
You will not require booster pumps or electric cords. Use your pool’s existing filtration system to power your cleaner. After which, it sucks up all the sand, debris, leaves and any other dirt in your pool. The Krauly E-Z Vac integrates a highly dependable moving part that ensures the durability of your machine. You will also find an automatic valve for regulating the flow of water in your pool. This ensures that your pool cleaner travels at an optimal speed for an ideal cleaning process.
In the package, there is a 32 feet hose, hose protector, hose weight, flow indicator, skimmer connectors and a user’s manual. Designed to work in above ground pools, this unit works flawlessly in either dish-shaped or flat bottom pools.
- Cleans any pools surface
- It will scrub your pools wall, floor and even clean all the way up to the waterline
- Long lasting
- Uses a random cleaning pattern to clean those places that a standard cleaner can’t reach.
- Superior hydraulic design for optimum vacuuming power
- Only one operational moving part (the flapper) for long, dependable service; no wheels or gears to...
- Free skimming valve automatically regulates water flow to assure proper cleaning speed and...
4. Generic Zodiac Baracuda Automatic Suction Pool Cleaner In/above Ground
Worry is a feeling that you will not experience while using the Generic Zodiac Baracuda. Enjoy the occasional pool parties with your friends with peace in of mind knowing that you got covered. Yes, you heard me right. The above and in-ground pool cleaner, Generic Zodiac Baracuda will save you a lot of money and time.
This cleaner works at its best to cast off all the bugs, twigs, debris, sand and leaves from your pool for a few hours. It features one moving part that guarantees of an extended life span of the cleaner. Aside from that, it also reduces replacement and repair costs.
You will not require any special tools to install it. The process takes just a few minutes, and you are ready to go! It comes pre-assembled thus the only thing you will need to do is attach the long-life hoses and disc.
You can either connect the Generic Zodiac Baracuda to your pool’s pump or filtration system. It will clean any pool regardless of its shape and depth. You can even use it to scrub different surfaces such as the fiberglass, concrete or vinyl pools. However, the performance in each configuration may differ.
Being an automatic cleaner, it uses the propulsion and skirt system. These mechanisms create a random cleaning pattern to ensure an entire pool coverage. And together with the wheel deflector and anti-stick design enable the cleaner to clean the ladders, steps, and corners with ease.
- It is quiet while operating
- Cleans in-ground pools up to 33 feet deep
- Capable of sucking up tiny algae, dirt and debris from your pool
- Includes a hose
- Stops working after few months.
- Simple, quiet, automatic pool cleaner like Baracuda G3, G2
- Suitable for above ground and in-ground pools (but not with Splasher pools)
- Suction side cleaner hooks up to pool skimmer or vacuum line
5. BARACUDA G3 W03000 Advanced Suction Side Automatic Pool Cleaner
Reliability, durability, and simplicity are some of the words that Baracuda G3 W03000 has earned from its users. Having an affordable machine such as the BARACUDA G3 with a rich feature set is certainly a great deal. It is easy to install and maintain when compared to some high-end robotic or pressure side pool cleaners.
It is specifically designed to clean your pools sides, walls, corners, steps and ladder with much easy. The G3 W03000 works its way around to pool sucking up all the particles and dirt to leave it sparkling. The icing on the sugar is that it can even work with low power water pumps since it can adjust to suit your pools water flow.
The Baracuda G3 W03000 is ideal for a broad pool with lots of steps and walls. Operating it is simple and straightforward. In fact, even your five-year-old kid can manage it. You can also double this cleaner as a pool skimmer to cast off the floating debris, twigs, and leaves. And if you have an existing skimmer or a dedicated suction line, just connect your cleaner to either of you to get started.
The fact that it’s compatible with two-speed pumps, the cleaning process will always be efficient. Another part that is integrated into the system is the flow keeper valve. It comes in handy for regulating the water flow to maintain an optimal cleaning performance. It couldn’t be easy for the G3 W03000 to navigate through the tight corners in your pool without the aid of its wheel deflector. And this feature working in unison with the 36-fin disc, your cleaner will never get stuck on drain covers.
- Eliminated extra expenses of replacing and repairing parts since diaphragm is the only moving part
- Quite and powerful
- In rare cases, it may get stuck on top raises drains.
- Quiet, powerful suction cleaner; works with low-speed pumps for maximum efficiency.
- Devours small and medium-sized debris and cleans floor, walls and steps of your entire pool.
- FlowKeeper Valve automatically regulates water flow to maintain peak cleaning performance even with...
6. Zodiac MX8 Suction-Side Cleaner
The side cleaners were the first pool machines on the market. And even today, their popularity has increased significantly. In fact, a good number of homestead own one. So, if you don’t have a pool cleaner yet the Zodiac MX8 might be an excellent choice. Wondering what this cleaner can do for you? Here is a brief. It will clean your pool’s floor, walls and remove all the dirt and debris. And because it is automatic, the process is pretty effortless.
The Zodiac MX8 attaches with the 39 feet hose to your pool’s plumbing. It is quite powerful and fast thanks to the dual cyclonic suction functionality. When compared to other cleaners, this one has an ultra-efficient design for maximum energy savings.
It will cover a wider cleaning area than its contenders. This is possible since it has a large vacuum inlet for capturing even large debris. It also uses the max-drive technology to deploy extreme maneuverability and in turn allowing for thorough cleaning of your entire pool.
- Extremely energy efficient
- Cleans faster and better than its contenders
- Employs a dual navigation technique for maximum pool coverage without any hang-ups.
- The hose is twisted locking to ensure a secure attachment to the cleaner’s head
- Gets stuck often.
- Cyclonic Vacuum technology ensures the MX8 captures maximum debris whilst maintaining maximum...
- X-Drive technology provides advanced dual navigation for best pool coverage with no hang ups....
- X-Trax tires provide extreme maneuverability and climbing performance, even in tight corners and on...
7. Zodiac Ranger Suction Side Automatic Above-Ground Pool Cleaner
What can surpass the feeling of a calm and peaceful mind? I bet there is no greater feeling than that. The Baracuda Ranger is an above-pool cleaner that will offer you exactly that. Even for your dished-bottomed pool of up to 72 inches, the Zodiac Ranger will give it an effective clean.
It comes with a single moving part, the diaphragm. Thus, you will not experience flapper noise commonly associated with many pool vacuums. Besides, it doesn’t require an extra booster pump for it to vacuum your pool’s floor. Also, it eliminates the need for add-ons like gears and wheels. Hence, ensuring a straightforward operation and easy maintenance.
To help this cleaner achieve an optimum cleaning process without getting stuck on the ladders, corners, and steps, it comes with a unique deflector wheel. By the time you get this unit in your homestead, it comes already pre-assembled. This makes it easy and fast to install. Better yet, it doesn’t require extra or special tools to set it up.
Included in the package is a self-adjusting Insta-Skim Compact and FlowKeeper Valve. They regulate the flow of water to ensure maximum performance. The Baracuda Ranger is an affordable and reliable pool cleaner ideal for above-ground pool cleaner and not for soft sided or Intex pools. It does an excellent job of removing pollen, pebbles, bugs, twigs and leaves from your pool in no time.
Another feature is the AG Disc. It will allow your cleaner to slide in effortlessly along your pool’s bottom, around ladders and steps, and up the sides. And in turn, leaving no single part of your pool untouched.
- Has one single moving part
- Comes pre-assembled
- Doesn’t get stuck on steps and corners
- Ideal for above-ground pools
- Misses some spots on your pool.
- Effectively cleans above-ground swimming pools (not recommended for Intex/soft-sided pools),...
- One moving part technology, eliminates annoying hammer or flapper noise; works quickly, effectively,...
- Unique Deflector Wheel helps prevent it from getting caught on steps, ladders and corners!
8. ARKSEN© Automatic Inground Above Ground Suction Side Pool Cleaner
For just a couple of dollars and you have yourself a beautiful ARKSEN Automatic Pool Cleaner in your homes. Usually, it comes with hose weights, regulator valve, and hose. To get started, connect it to an existing filtration system, put it in the water and let it do its work.
To get maximum reliability while using this unit, you need to run at least three-quarters of horsepower. Avoid connecting it to variable speed pump or any other pool equipment for best results. Regardless of your pool’s size or shape, the ARKSEN works around your entire pool leaving it better than it found it.
When compared to other low models or cleaners in its class, the ARKSEN is more durable. It can last for years and still function as though it was new. It has a smart design that is eco-friendly and easy to maintain.
The ARKSEN will perfectly remove bugs, pebbles, twigs and leaves from your pool in a matter of few hours. In fact, with this unit, you will spend less time cleaning and more time swimming. Moreover, it produces a minimal sound that is not disruptive. Additionally, the ARKSEN doesn’t require gears, wheels or diaphragms to replace.
- Has an eco-friendly design
- Doesn’t require special tools or electricity to run
- Capable of cleaning your pool from bottom to top easily
- Instructions on the user’s manual are very concise.
- Vacuum in ground pools regardless of size, shape, or construction
- No tools required. No need for electricity
- Eco-friendly design | its Smart design for easy maintenance
9. Voyager Advanced Automatic In Ground Suction Side Pool Cleaner
Is your in-ground pool a pain in cleaning? The Voyager Advanced is a machine that is worth your time. By just the mention of its name, the first thing that should ring bells is its effectiveness. The shape of your pool doesn’t matter because the Voyager Advanced is designed to work in any pool. However, it worth to note that it cannot function with INTEX pumps or pumps under 0.5HP. Usually, INTEX pumps are at 0.25HP, which is not powerful enough to create the suction required.
The Voyager Advanced comes with many desirable features. It includes 8 hoses each at 24 feet, adaptors, user manual and a leader hose. This particular model is built with quality materials hence it will last long. To ensure that every part of your pool is cleaned, this machine features an advanced swivel technology. It aids in random movement of the Voyager to give you a cleaner and sparkling pool. You will appreciate the quickly removable hammer cover feature. It makes the cleaning process easy and removes all the dirt from your pool in no time.
- Swivel technology helps your cleaner maneuver your pool easily
- Works with different pool shapes
- Comes with a leader hose
- Cannot run on INTEX pumps.
- Tens of thousands Voyagers sold worldwide, thousands sold in USA. Fort Lauderdale Office.
- Advanced swivel technology results in good random movement for better pool coverage giving you a...
- Worlwide over 150 000 units have been sold. The cleaner is legendary for its reliability and simple...
10. Hayward 1005CC Pool VAC Classic Concrete In-Ground Suction Cleaner
Are you looking for a pool cleaner that is trouble-free and easy to operate? Well, look no further! Of no exception is the Hayward 1005CC will give you that and even more. Forget about extra expenses of an energy-consuming booster pump while using this unit since it uses an existing filtration system. Besides, all scooped up debris and dirt, is deposited in the filtration system thus eliminating the need for add-ons.
It even gets more interesting to know that you will not even waste a minute of your time replacing or emptying the debris bags. The moment you set up the Hayward 1005CC Pool VAC Classic, you are assured of a complete system, engineered to work together. It just a matter of few hours and you has a sparkling clean swimming pool.
For an efficient and faster cleaning process, this machine comes with a pre-programmed steering mechanism. This technology helps the pool cleaner to move around your pool in a predetermined pattern of left and right turns. By doing so, it ensures a thorough and optimal coverage of your pool’s surfaces.
Cleaning your pool doesn’t always have to be a boring old routine. Since the Hayward 1005CC Pool VAC Classic integrates a superior turbine technology, it operates quietly. In this calm environment, you can put on some music from your phone and entertain yourself while cleaning.
- Installs in less than 10 minutes
- Operates silently
- Capable of removing small to medium sized particles and debris
- Ideal for concrete in-ground swimming pools
- Add an extra hose length since the hoses provided barely reach the far end of the pool.
- Pre-programmed steering pattern assures thorough, efficient pool coverage
- Superior turbine technology operates silently with no pulsating hoses or noisy parts
- Easy to use, connects in less than 10 minutes to skimmer or suction port
How affordable and worthy are the above listed best suction pool cleaner
Just like any product, suction pool cleaners are priced differently depending on the brand, model, and features. A suction pool cleaner with tons of features will cost more than one with fewer features. When buying a suction pool cleaner, it’s crucial to set a budget. And depending on how much you want to dig into your wallet, you get to buy a cleaner of your choice. Suction pool cleaners are priced as low as 100 bucks and as high as 1000 dollars or more. However, a higher price tag doesn’t always translate to better performance. In fact, some of the low-end cleaners usually perform the same as, if not better, some high-end cleaners
Which suction pool cleaner will be the best choice for your Swimming Pool?
The Hayward 1005CC Pool VAC stands out from the list of the 10 best suction pool cleaners we reviewed. Users have accepted this product warmly, and they have also rated it highly. On Amazon, it has been rated at 5 out of 5 stars. The Hayward 1005CC is not only a great pool cleaner but also an easy and effortless solution. It comes with features and functions such as the pre-programmed steering mechanism and superior turbine technology. We highly recommend it for its ease of use and ability to work with different pools shapes and sizes. However, it costs close to 424 bucks hence it might be a turn off for anyone on a tight budget. But if you don’t mind digging deeper into your pockets, the Hayward 1005CC is a great choice.
How to choose the best one that suits your need
- To choose the best suction pool cleaner and one that matches your unique needs, here are some of the things you might want to consider
- Determine the size, shape, and type of your pool to know whether you need an in-ground and above ground pool cleaner.
- Choose a cleaner that is made of quality materials and covered by a warranty of more than 1 year. Warranty can help you determine if your cleaner is durable or not
- Ease of use- A great pool cleaner is one that takes you less time to operate. Setting up shouldn’t also take up much of your time.
- Noise- You certainly don’t want to a cleaner that is very noisy in its operation. Some models run silently while some produce little noise which is not disruptive
- Cost- The higher a pool cleaner costs, the more the features it has. Cost may sometimes go in handy with the brand name or a particular model.
If you are looking for a best suction pool cleaner, you can choose one from the above list. These cleaners use existing filtration systems to suck up all the dirt, debris, and particles from your pool. And in turn leaving your pool’s water crystal clear. It is now the right time to say goodbye to your old cleaning techniques. When you decide to use one of the aforementioned models, you will be able to save money and time. Better yet, either of the above pool cleaners is efficient on its way and will do a great job at leaving your pool spotless.