Most people buy a pool first and then wonder how to clean above ground pool after draining. If you are one of such people, do not worry. We have got you covered. After reading this article, you will not have doubts about this subject. We will explain the whole procedure step by step so that you will be able to follow it easily without any difficulty.
How to Clean Above Ground Pool After Draining?
It is important to keep your pool clean to maintain a hygienic environment around it. If you are not able to spare time to clean your pool, then you should hire someone to do the job for you. Experts say that one should clean their above-ground pool at least once a week.
Most importantly, one should know how to clean an above-ground pool after draining correctly. Because if you do not know that; you can damage your pool and even improve the chances of having water-prone diseases. Here are the ways to properly clean an above ground pool –
You may like 10 Best Pool Vacuum Cleaner 2020 – Reviews And Guide
Step 1: Drain Your Pool
The first thing you need to do is drain your swimming pool. It is the first step to clean an above-ground pool. If we are able to drain the pool in the right way; there are high chances that the whole process will be completed smoothly.
Here is the process of draining the pool with Electric Pool Pump:
- Submerge the intake hose of the pump under the pool water. Try your best to keep it in the middle of the pool.
- Select a convenient space in your property so that you can make the pump’s hose let go of all the water from the pool. Keep in mind that this space should not be too near to the pool.
- Ensure that your hands are clean as well as dry. Then turn on the electric pump.
- When the pump starts to run, ensure that the water level of the pool is decreasing. If the water is reducing, you can leave the equipment as it is for some time.
- You should check your swimming pool in between draining to make sure that no equipment malfunctions or flooding take place.
- Turn off the pump when the water level of the pool is low and water cannot be drained anymore.
Step 2: Take Out the Dirty Pool Liner
Refer to the instructions of your above-ground pool’s operating manual and take out the pool liner from your pool. Make sure to store all the hooks, clips, and other attachments with care so that you can reinstall the pool liner later.
Step 3: Get Ready to Clean the Pool Liner
Once you have taken it out of the pool, you should spread the pool liner in such a way that the area where the rays are falling. It is better to choose an area full of grass. Remember to check if that area has any rocks, small branches, or any other kind of debris that can tear off the pool liner. If you see any of such things, remove them out of the way and then spread the liner.
Step 4: Prepare the Cleaning Solution
You have to prepare a solution that can easily take all of the dirt off of the pool liner. Start by mixing some chlorine bleach into the water. The water used should be double the quantity of the chlorine bleach used. You should use hot water for preparing the solution. Then, pick up a large sponge and soak it into the cleaning solution. Keep the sponge on the dirty area of the pool liner.
Most of the time, you will notice that dirt starts to come off immediately. But sometimes, specifically for tough stains, it may take longer. Clean again with the solution if the stain does not come off at once.
Step 5: Use Brush to Scrub the Pool Liner
Once the stains on the pool liner began to come off, you should use a brush to scrub that area to get rid of it completely. Remember to not apply too much pressure and use only a pool brush for scrubbing. Using a heavy-duty brush can damage the pool liner and might even create holes in it.
Step 6: Wipe the Pool Liner
Use a clean towel and wipe the pool liner to ensure that it is completely dry and clean. You can also use paper towels for doing the same. Ensure that there is no trace of bleach left on the liner.
Step 7: Place the Liner Back
Lastly, you have to follow the instructions of your manufacturer for the re-installment of the liner on the pool. Once, it is placed properly, refill the pool with water. Your pool is ready for use again.
What Are The Benefits Of Keeping Your Above Ground Pool Clean?
There are several benefits of cleaning your pool. Therefore, you must know how to vacuum above the ground pool. The main reason is, of course, that you can swim in your pool without any worries. However, there are so many other advantages of cleaning your pool too.
- A clean pool costs much less when it comes to maintenance
- A clean pool adds charm to your home
- A cleaner pool provides more entertainment
- You can invite your friends to a pool party
- You can play games in the pool such as volleyball and basketball
- A clean pool prevents you from getting sick
- You will not have to deal with skin problems because of dirty water
This is why it is necessary to keep your pool clean to have the most fun you can have with an above ground pool. We hope you have received a good answer to the question – how to clean above ground pool after draining? If you follow the step-by-step approach as described in the article, we are sure that you will be able to clean your pool quickly with ease.